Pelosi’s HR1 is a masterful take over of elections in our country by the Federal government or should I dare say by a party hell-bent on establishing one party rule. The bill is broken into three divisions:
1 – Voting
2 – Campaign Finance
3 – Ethics
Some things it is promoting include:
- Internet voting
- Not providing more than 4 digits of a social security number
- Your voter registration form to serve as an application for an absentee ballot
- Automatic registration
- Same day voter registration
- Grants to States to encourage involvement of minors in election activities
- Voter registration with leases and mortgage applications
- Acceptance of voter registration applications from individuals under 18 years of age
- Prevention of voter caging – making it harder to remove dead people and those who have moved off the voter rolls
- All kinds of rules and extensions of absentee ballots.
- Prohibiting States from preventing curbside voting
- And there is a section devoted to DC Statehood! Subtitle C — Findings Relating to District of Columbia Statehood (page 310)
- Congressional redistricting to be conducted through plan of independent state commission – not the state legislatures.
- Go to Sec. 4203 and read about the Russian hoax Vladimir Putin, and statements made in the Washington Post.
- All political communication will be able to be reviewed
- Over turning Supreme Court decisions on First Amendment decisions on campaign financing (page 615)
- Individuals in 3 States will get $25 vouchers that they can use to fund politicians – talk about rigging the system! (page 628, sec. 5102)
- Its not until page 770 of 886 pages does the bill get into Ethics.
- And the bill wants to rein in the Executive branch (page 791)
- There are restrictions on employees leaving the federal government and where they can not work from 1 to 2 years after leaving the government.
- Title VII covers Divestiture of Financial Conflicts of interests of the President and Vice-President (page 805)
- The White House Ethics Transparency just happens to be retroactive to Jan 20, 2017, President Trump’s inauguration day (page 816)
- And there will now be an Ethics Pledge (page 847)
- And there are only 17 pages relating to congressional ethics reform–wonder why!
- And any candidate for President or Vice-President will have to submit 10 years of tax returns (page 879)